Hollywood Pharmacy Negligence
Hollywood was founded in the 1920 by Joseph Wesley Young. Young’s vision was to build a “Dream City” for residents from all walks of life. Today, Hollywood is one of the largest cities in Florida and does boast a diverse population as well as many attractions, including a 2.5 mile brick-lined Broadwalk on the beach, 6 miles of sandy beaches, a vibrant downtown district, and the ArtsPark. Hollywood’s downtown area is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and is home to many street markets and yearly events.
The Flaxman Law Group is proud to be a part of the Hollywood community. With offices right in the city, the Flaxman Law Group has handled a number of personal injury and pharmacy negligence cases in Hollywood and surrounding areas. Pharmacy malpractice cases tend to be challenging cases, since patients go to pharmacies to heal from an illness or injury. When pharmacy negligence results in complications, many patients find themselves facing serious symptoms or even permanent injury. If you have suffered a serious injury after visiting a pharmacy, the resources of the Flaxman Law Group may be available to you in your case.What Causes Pharmacy Negligence Claims in Hollywood and Other Florida Cities?
Common situations that result in pharmacy negligence claims in Hollywood and other communities include:
- The wrong dosage is dispensed
- The wrong medication is dispensed
- Similarly named medications are confused or incorrectly dispensed
- Miscommunication occurs between doctors and pharmacists, resulting in the incorrect medication or dosage being dispensed
- Pharmacists fail to check against possible drug interactions
- Pharmacies do not answer patient questions and do not provide information about the medication being dispensed
- Pharmacists do not alert a patient who has specified drug allergies that a medication may cause potential harm
There are many things that you can do to avoid becoming a victim of medication errors and pharmacy malpractice:
1) Speak with your doctor when you are prescribed medication and write down the dosage, drug name, and drug information from your doctor
2) Work with a reputable pharmacy and have all your prescriptions filled at one pharmacy so that the pharmacists can alert you of any drug interactions
3) Confirm the dosage and name of the drug with the pharmacy by checking the label and by speaking with your pharmacist when you pick up the medication
4) Avoid getting your prescription filled during very hectic times and avoid the drive-through window at pharmacies; you want to have time to speak with your pharmacist about any questions you have.
Even if you take all these precautions, pharmacy negligence can cause you to experience severe allergic reactions, complications, and even permanent injury. If you have been injured after taking a medication, contact a personal injury attorney in Hollywood or your community. You can book a free consultation with the Flaxman Law Group if you think you may have a case. With offices right in Hollywood, the Flaxman Law Group works with pharmacy negligence and personal injury plaintiffs across South Florida.