We represent injured people with all types of accident claims

Hialeah Hit and Run Accident

In a car accident, the at-fault driver will sometimes leave the scene of an accident without exchanging information and without stopping to offer help. At that point, the site becomes the site of an accident because leaving the scene of a car accident in Hialeah or any community in Florida or the US is a crime.

It can be a shock to see a driver speed off after hitting you or your vehicle. You may be injured and frightened, with no one to help. You may also be worried about how you will pay for your injuries and other costs without the other driver’s insurance information. You do have options and rights in this situation. To find out more, you can always reach the Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation to review your legal options.

Florida Laws Affecting Duty To Render Aid

Under Florida law, you are required to stop and assist if you have injured a pedestrian, one of your own passengers, or the passenger in another vehicle in a car accident or pedestrian accident. In these cases, Florida law requires you to:

  • Stop at once
  • Exchange contact information with the other driver or provide your name, registration information, driver’s license, and address to the other driver or person involved in the crash and get their information in turn.
  • Provide reasonable help or assistance to any person who has been injured or killed by the accident. This can mean calling emergency personnel, arranging for transportation of the person to get medical help, or providing help in another capacity.
  • If a person was killed in the accident or is unable to call for help or exchange information, you are required by law to report the accident to law enforcement and provide your contact information to police.

Florida law also requires you to stop and exchange information in any accident where property damage occurred.

What Should I Do if I Have Been in a Hit and Run Accident?

Unfortunately, many people do not stop to provide assistance and exchange contact information with other drivers or people that they have injured. If someone has caused severe injuries to you and has not sought to offer assistance or has not exchanged information with you, your first call should be to the police.

Police can look for the hit-and-run driver and can confirm whether anyone has stopped by a law enforcement agency in order to report the crime. If police cannot find the hit-and-run driver, you may still have legal options. Contact a personal injury attorney in Hialeah or your city order to find out what can be done in your case.

The personal injury attorneys at the Flaxman Law Group have handled multiple broadside collision cases, hit and run accidents, car accidents, drunk driving claims, and other types of claims. To find out what the Flaxman Law Group can do for you, contact the attorneys today. Our phone lines are staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week so that you can always get a free consultation if you are looking for legal advice after an accident.