Fort Lauderdale Broadside Collisions
Also known as side angle crashes, side-swipe collision, and side impact collisions, broadside car accidents occur when a vehicle slams into the side of another vehicle. Only head-on crashes are more deadly. Since cars have little to no protection along the sides and side doors, passengers inside of vehicle in a sideswipe collision can and often do suffer devastating injuries.
If you have suffered serious injuries or have lost a loved one in a side angle crash in Fort Lauderdale or anywhere in South Florida, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626) at any time to arrange for a free, no obligation case consultation. The attorneys at our full-service law firm handle sideswipe collisions and other types of traffic accident cases on a daily basis. We can offer you a compassionate listening ear as well as legal advice about your situation.Common Injuries Sustained in Broadside Car and Truck Collisions in Fort Lauderdale and Other Communities
Side impact crashes and broadside collisions are often fatal or lead to catastrophic, long term injuries. Common injuries in this type of car accident include:
- Head injury and brain trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractures and broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Whiplash and soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Paralysis and paraplegia
- Crushed bones
Injuries can be even more severe for the occupants of a smaller vehicle when a passenger car is hit by a larger bus, truck, train, or SUV.Why Are Side-Impact Car Crashes so Fatal?
Side-impact car accidents don’t just lead to injuries. All too often, they lead to fatalities. In fact, only head-on crashes are more deadly and have a higher rate of fatal injury. There are many reasons why broadside accidents are so deadly and so often lead to catastrophic injuries:
- These injuries tend to occur on highways and at intersections, meaning that speed is often a factor, contributing to the force of impact
- There is very little crumple zone at the sides of the vehicle, meaning that passengers and drivers are more likely to sustain serious injuries through direct impact from the oncoming vehicle
- In some broadside accidents, a smaller vehicle is hit by a much larger tractor-trailer, truck, train, bus, or other larger vehicle
- In some side-impact accidents, the force of the accident causes a secondary collision, a multiple vehicle collision, or a rollover
- The windows of the car can shatter on impact in a side impact collision, causing injuries to the passengers inside
Due to the security of injuries in broadside automobile accidents, it is important to get legal advice if you have been injured in this type of collision. To find out whether Flaxman Law Group can assist with your case, contact our full-service law firm today. Your initial consultation is free and comes with absolutely no obligation. Your free consultation is your chance to ask questions and to get information about your situation. If you would like to know whether you have a case, would like some assistance with the insurance claims process, or would like some legal advice, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626) today.