Deerfield Beach Medical Malpractice
Deerfield Beach has become a popular destination for Spring Break students across the country, in part because the city is close to Miami and offers the same warm climate and natural beauty, but without the high costs and crowding. Deerfield Beach is known for its gorgeous beaches as well as its annual festivals and events.
Like all major cities in South Florida, Deerfield Beach has its share of medical professionals, clinics, and hospitals. The role of these facilities and professionals is to provide the best care possible for their patients. If you do not get the medical outcome that you feel you deserve, you may be frightened and upset. You may also wonder whether you have the basis for a Deerfield Beach medical malpractice claim. If you are considering this, there are several questions you will want to ask:
1) Was my medical error a misdiagnosis?
2) Did the error cause me injury? In order to pursue a claim, you must be able to show that recklessness or negligence directly caused an injury or damages. If the negligence or recklessness in your case lead to a worsening of your condition, an additional hospital stay, more required treatment, a loss of productivity in your work time, or similar results, you may have a case. However, it usually requires an experienced Deerfield Beach personal injury attorney to prove that negligence specifically lead to an injury. In many cases, victims of medical malpractice are admitted to a hospital or clinic with an underlying condition and in some cases defendants will try to blame an injury on this condition.
3) Were my concerns taken seriously? In many cases of medical malpractice, a patient will voice concerns or will describe symptoms but will feel that physician or medical professional has not taken these conditions into consideration. If your concerns were swept aside and this led to your injury, you may have a Deerfield Beach medical malpractice claim.
4) Was the problem concerning my medication? In many cases, medication errors, including incorrect dosages or incorrect medication administered, are the result of negligence or recklessness because these types of errors are generally completely preventable with proper care on the part of medical staff.
5) What was the medical error that occurred and why do I think it was negligence?
6) Have I spoken to a Deerfield Beach personal attorney who specializes in medical malpractice cases? If you are not sure whether an injury was caused by medical malpractice, speak with a Deerfield Beach personal injury attorney who specializes in this area of the law. In many cases, it is difficult for a layperson to determine whether an injury was caused by malpractice or not. An attorney can investigate the incident and help get you some answers as well as help you understand your options and rights.
If you believe that you have been injured by medical negligence, contact the Flaxman Law Group today to find out whether you have a Deerfield Beach medical malpractice claim. If you have a claim, it is important to file your claim as soon as possible to improve your chances of getting fair compensation. As a full service law firm, the Flaxman Law Group has access to the resources needed for a Deerfield Beach misdiagnosis or medical malpractice claim.
Charles Flaxman of the Flaxman Law Group has over twenty five years of experience in South Florida personal injury law and ten years of experience in the insurance industry, so he understands the law from both sides of the courtroom. Fluent in both Spanish and English, Charles Flaxman graduated magna cum laude in the top two percent of his graduating class at Nova University Law School. A member of The Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers, the Florida Bar Workers' Compensation Section, and the Executive Council Police Benevolent Association, Charles Flaxman has dedicated his life to helping Florida injury victims. Contact the Flaxman Law Group today to find out how his dedication and experience can be put to work on your case.