Deerfield Beach School Bus Accident
In 2008 alone, there were 115 fatal school bus crashes across the US. While car accidents in Deerfield Beach and other Florida communities are far more common, school bus accidents are devastating because they cause serious child injuries and even fatalities.
If your child has been injured in a school bus accident, you deserve answers, justice, and compensation. If you would like to review your legal options with a personal injury attorney, you can always reach Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626) or through our website to arrange for a free, no obligation case assessment.Why School Bus Crashes Happen in Deerfield Beach and Other Florida Cities
There are many reasons why school bus accidents occur:
- Poor driver training
- Driver error
- Passenger cars or trucks who disobey traffic laws
- Children may run out onto the road after exiting or entering school bus
- Driver distraction
- DUI/DWI drivers
- Mechanical failure
- Fatigued driving
- Poor road conditions
After a school bus accident, your child may require different services then an adult who has been in a car accident. Your child may need more support as well as more medical care, especially since children may be more vulnerable to severe injuries in traffic accidents when compared with adults who have been injured in traffic collisions. Due to a child’s small size, they may suffer more if they sustain a serious head injury or other serious injury.
It is not uncommon for families to find that a child injury requires weeks or months of care and treatment as well as various services. After a serious school bus accident, your child may need:
- Counseling or therapy to deal with the trauma of the accident
- Medical attention
- Long-term medical attention or a lifetime of medical care if injuries were permanent
- Tutoring to address the time lost at school during recovery
- To find an alternate way of getting to school if they are too traumatized to travel by school bus
- To find a way to replace a lifetime of lost income if they are permanently injured and will not be able to pursue their dreams of a career
- At-home care or even long-term care
- A parent to stay at home, which can result in a devastating loss of income for a household
Of course, you will want to provide all the support and services that your child needs. However, in order to do so you need to make sure that you have the financial resources needed to provide for these services. Speaking with a personal injury attorney about your legal options can be an important first step in ensuring that you have the resources needed to help your child as much as possible with their injuries.
If you or a loved one have been injured, contact Flaxman Law Group offices today for a free, no obligation consultation. We would be happy to review your legal rights and options in your confidential case review. You want someone by your side if you have been injured, and the attorneys of Flaxman Law Group would like to offer you free legal advice in order to help you make informed decisions about what you can do next to protect yourself and your family.