Deerfield Beach Hit by a Drunk Driver
After a DUI accident in Deerfield Beach or your community, your injuries may be more expensive than you realize. If you have suffered burns, you may require cosmetic surgery or skin grafts – services that are typically not covered by medical insurance because they are considered unnecessary. If you have been permanently injured, you may not be able to work again or you may not be able to return to your current work, meaning that you will lose potential income for a lifetime.
You do not have to face these costs on your own if you have a legal case. Do you have a legal case? The best way to find out is to contact a personal injury attorney. You can always contact the Flaxman Law Group if you would like immediate legal advice or would like to set up a free, no obligation consultation.Do You Know What To Do After Drunk Driving Accident?
If you have been injured in a DUI car accident or truck accident in Deerfield Beach, you will want to:
- Call 911 immediately. If you suspect that the other driver may be inebriated, contact police as well as emergency personnel right away. Police can investigate the situation and gather evidence of drunk driving. If appropriate, they can arrest the at-fault driver to make sure that they cannot harm someone else.
- Get medical assistance. Even if you're not sure whether you are seriously injured, get a physician to at least look you over or visit an emergency room if there is any chance that you have suffered a serious injury. Some injuries, including head injuries, do not present symptoms right away but can still be life-threatening. Other injuries, such as soft tissue injuries, may also not have any symptoms at first but can cause severe pain if they go untreated. Seeking medical help in time can save your life or can prevent your condition from deteriorating.
- Report the injury to police and get a copy of the police record. If you decide to pursue a legal claim, this can help you. A police report in the event of a drunk driving accident can also help show who the at-fault driver is and this can help you with insurance claim.
- Filing an insurance claim. Contact your insurance company to let them know about the accident so that you can start the claims process.
- Contact a personal injury attorney in Deerfield Beach or your community. In many situations, even if you have excellent insurance coverage, DUI cases can quickly become complicated. Drunk drivers will typically work with defense attorneys in order to protect themselves against the charges and against the liability in these cases. They may contest sobriety tests or may claim that they were not inebriated at the time of the accident. A personal injury attorney can look out for your rights and can negotiate with your insurance carrier to ensure that you get fair compensation.
So far, the attorneys at the Flaxman Law Group have recovered more than $100 million on behalf of personal injury, DUI, and wrongful death claimants. If you would like more information about what the Flaxman Law Group can do for you, contact the law firm today for a free consultation.