Coral Springs Passenger Safety
Passenger and occupant safety needs to be of utmost importance for every driver and passenger. Passengers have an obligation to buckle up, avoid distracting the driver, and choose the driver carefully. Drivers have an obligation to provide passengers and occupants of the vehicle with a safe trip. Working together, both can help reduce instances of traffic accidents in Coral Springs and across Florida.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group are committed to passenger safety in South Florida. Our law firm believes that everyone has a role to play in preventing accidents and injuries on our roads. We also believe that if you have been injured through no fault of your own, you deserve all the protection that the law offers. If you have sustained an injury, you can always contact us for a free consultation to review your rights and to discuss what can be done to possibly secure compensation in your case.Passenger Safety in Car and Truck Crashes in Coral Springs
If you are a passenger, protecting yourself in the event of a crash is critical. There are many ways that you can do this:
- Wear your seatbelt
- Do not get in a car with a driver that you feel is unsafe
- Avoid distracting the driver
- Speak up if you feel that the driver is driving erratically or doing something unsafe
If you are a driver, you also have a duty of care. When you get behind the wheel, you are not just responsible for your safety. You are also responsible for the safety of any occupants or passengers traveling with you. There many things that you can do to keep your passengers safer:
- Put away mobile devices and any other distractions so that you can focus on the road
- Ensure that you are safe to drive by ensuring that you are not fatigued, affected by alcohol or drugs, or too upset to drive
- Make sure that your car is in good working order
- Provide your passengers with safety belts or age-appropriate safety restraint systems and ensure that they are used correctly
If you are a passenger in a car and are injured in an accident, you may face many costs related to your collision. You may have to pay for:
- Hospital stays
- Follow-up medical treatment
- Visits to specialists
- Property damage
- Income loss
- Medical devices
- Medical services, such as physical therapy, massage therapy, chronic pain treatment, counseling, and more
- At-home care or nursing home care
In addition to the above expenses, you will of course have to continue to pay for your regular bills and living costs. All of this can quickly add up to a financial disaster, especially if you're too injured to return to work or if your injuries prevent you from returning to your work at all.
In these cases, it is very important to get legal advice and to pursue fair compensation that you may be qualified for under Florida law. Compensation can help pay for pain and suffering, property damage, income loss, medical costs and more so that you can focus on healing and not on the financial impact of your accident.
If you would like to discuss your options for compensation, contact Flaxman Law Group today. Flaxman Law Group is a full service law firm serving the South Florida area. Our team of attorneys has more than sixty years of combined experience, so our legal team understands the steps that may need to be taken to secure compensation in injury cases.