Coral Gables Overweight / Overload Trucks
Controlling a tractor-trailer, big rig, or eighteen-wheeler is already very difficult, even for experienced truck drivers. Adding additional cargo or weight creates an even more dangerous situation. In fact, federal laws prohibit truck drivers and truck carriers from overloading commercial vehicles to the point that they are unsafe. Many research studies have shown that when trucks exceed safe weight limits, they're more likely to cause serious car accidents in Coral Gables and other communities. Unfortunately, some truck drivers and truck carriers still overload trucks. There is in fact a financial reason to do so. Fewer trucks on the road delivering more cargo save truck carriers money and save truck drivers time.
Unfortunately, overloading trucks causes a dangerous situation that can lead to serious injuries for you and your passengers. If you have been injured by a truck that you believe may have been exceeding weight limits, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-FLAXMAN (1-866-352-9626) to review your legal options. Your initial consultation comes with no cost and no obligation, so you risk nothing.How Overweight Trucks Cause Trucking Collisions In Coral Gables And Other Communities
Truck collisions cause some of the worst collisions on Florida roads. Overweight trucks or poorly loaded trucks are especially likely to cause crashes and fatalities because:
- Overweight trucks and poorly loaded trucks have trouble breaking or stopping on hills or inclines
- Excessive weight puts extra pressure on tires, contributing to blowouts and other tire problems
- Cargo that makes a truck rear-heavy can cause problems with steering and controlling a vehicle
- Overweight trucks cause more force in a collision, meaning that traffic accidents involving these vehicles are more likely to lead to serious injuries and fatalities
- Overweight or poorly loaded trucks are more susceptible to rollovers
- Overweight or poorly loaded trucks are harder for a truck driver to control, and can spiral out of control quickly
Due to the size and force of trucks, any truck collision can be devastating. For the reasons listed above, a crash involving an exceedingly heavy truck is even more likely to lead to serious or even permanent injury. In these situations, patients do not need to just worry about pain and suffering. Often, financial issues also become a concern. Even with car insurance, people who have been injured in a truck accident may find that they need to pay a substantial amount for medical care, lost income, and other expenses.Do You Need Legal Advice?
The truck accident attorneys at Flaxman Law Group handle virtually every type of traffic accident and personal injury case. From traffic accidents to cases against municipalities or truck carriers, our attorneys have faced insurance carriers and other liable parties in the courtroom and at the negotiating table. Our attorneys have experience handling cases due to overweight and overloaded trucks. To find out what is possible in your case, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free consultation. We would be happy to go over the details of your case and legal options with you.